NATIONAL SERVICE (NS) INDIVIDUAL PHYSICAL PROFICIENCY TEST (IPPT)
MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR HOME TEAM NATIONAL
1. The new NS IPPT Management system for Home Team NSmen will take effect from 1 Sep 2014. Enhancements to the NS IPPT policies seek to ease administrative constraints to better support NSmen in managing their fitness and other commitments. The key changes are as follows:
a. Extension of
IPPT/IPT/RT windows to 12 months; and
b. Increase in monetary incentives for good IPPT performance.
Enhancements with effect from 1 Sep 2014
2. The IPPT window will be extended from 9 months to 12 months. In this window, i.e. from 1 Apr to 31 Mar of the following year, NSmen must attempt and pass their IPPT. Alternatively, they can volunteer for a 10-session IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT) programme. They will exit the IPT programme if they (1) complete 10 sessions of IPT; or (2) meet their Personal Performance Targets.
3. The RT window will also be extended from 3 months to 12 months. NSmen will have one full financial year, i.e. from 1 Apr to 31 Mar of the following year, to complete their 20-session RT programme. They will exit the RT programme if they (1) complete 20 sessions of RT; or (2) pass IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT sessions. Diagram 1 below illustrates the current and new NS IPPT management system.
Diagram 1: Changes to NS IPPT Management System
4. The quantum for the IPPT monetary incentives has been enhanced. Table 1 below shows the revised quantum, which will take effect from 1 Apr 2015.
Table 1: New IPPT Monetary Incentives Quantum
5. NSmen who do not perform IPPT and/or RT will continue to be disciplinarily dealt with. NSmen who have accumulated 3 or more default counts will be liable to attend a 5-day residential In-Camp-Training (Physical Training) [ICT(PT)].
Transition to New NS IPPT System
6. As at 1 Sep 2014, NSmen who have not passed their IPPT or completed IPT will enjoy an automatic extension of their IPPT/IPT window to 31 Mar 2015. See Diagram 2 below. NSmen who have passed their IPPT or completed IPT for FY2014 will have their new IPPT/IPT window opened from 1 Apr 2015 to 31 Mar 2016.
Diagram 2: Extension of IPPT/IPT Window for Transition Year 2014
Please call the 24/7 NS hotline at 1800-3676767 to speak to a customer service officer.